An opportunity awaits you.
- Do you want to work for a business in which you control the direction of it?
- Do you want to have something more than a job, but have a carrier that includes ownership in the business?
- Do you want to have a job where your voice is valued, respected and the profits are shared with the worker while you strengthen the communities where you work?
Sustainergy Cooperative is a worker-owned business. Working cooperatively, we can together build a business that serves our workers interests because we are the shareholders. We own it. We make the rules that benefit us, our customers, and our communities.
You can own your business while working in and on it.
Cincinnati Union Coop Initiative (CUCI) is working to build a movement to do just this and Sustainergy is its second cooperative business to launch. Sustainergy® is a Mondragon-inspired, employee-owned weatherization company specializing in performing energy-efficiency retrofits for residential buildings. Sustainergy’s work focuses on performing energy analysis, attic insulation and air sealing, walls insulation and LED lighting to maximize indoor comfort and minimize energy costs.
Reports To: Lead Insulation Installer
As the Insulation installer, this position is primarily responsible for ensuring that residential weatherization projects are completed with the highest quality work. This person will insulate residential buildings.
The Insulation Installer will have the opportunity to become a worker-owners and be part of Sustainergy’s business model. While on the path to becoming a worker-owner of Sustainergy Cooperative, this position is responsible for advancing the goals of the company and may include doing some sales.
The Insulation Installer responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following: (Training will be provided)
- Complete the retrofitting work for single family residential buildings; taking responsibility for safety, craftsmanship, and quality.
- Help Lead Insulation Installer to ensure the efficient and timely completion of work.
- Interact with potential clients to sell Sustainergy’s services.
- Be Sustainergy’s strongest advocate to the public and potential clients not only by performing exceptional work, but also in personal interactions with customers.
- Be willing to receive ongoing training.
- Make sure that clients’ property are properly covered and cleaned during the install.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience directly related to residential insulation.
- Specific insulation knowledge and the ability to follow direction
- Basic leadership skills.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain personal composure, tactfully handle difficult situations, and interpret questions correctly; ability to behave in a friendly, understanding, helpful, and professional manner with clients and other workers.
- Flexibility, willingness, and ability to perform some sales work, encouraged, but no required.
- Interested in eventually becoming an owner of the business and taking responsibility for its success.
Work Experience and Certification
- With some residential insulation
- Valid Driver’s License
- OSHA 10 hr. certified, preferred, but not required
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred, but not required
- Ability to use company equipment, tools, and materials including ladders, hand tools, carpenter’s tools, diagnostic/testing equipment and tools, drafting equipment, and others; ability to get to and from work.
- Ability to exert physical effort in light to moderate work involving lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling; ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; ability to climb and balance.
In addition to the above requirements, any Lead Insulation Installer or Insulation installer hired for the position to be expected to study and understand the business’ model.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration soon or contact Flequer Vera at 513.295.7241.
Download: Insulation Technician Job Position
If you would like information on the position before you submit a cover letter and resume or would like a follow up email to learn more about, fill out and submit this simple form below: